When applying for a community grant, applicants are encouraged to:
1. Confirm Eligibility
Consult page 4 of the Community Grant Program Guidelines 2017 - 2018 (1.42 MB) to confirm your organisation's eligibility to apply.
Note, if you are applying for the February 2017 Small Grants Category, please refer to the Community Grant Program Guidelines 2016-17 (348.85 KB)
2. Confirm Grant Category
Confirm which grant category you wish to apply for.
3. Discuss Application with Grants Team
Discuss your application with Council's Grants Team on 9840 9305. This is mandatory for Community Development and Arts & Culture Grant Categories.
4. Review Assessment Criteria
Review the Assesment Criteria for:
- Community Development Grants - page 12 of Community Grant Program Guidelines 2017 - 2018 (1.42 MB)
- Arts and Culture - page 14 of Community Grant Program Guidelines 2017 - 2018 (1.42 MB)
- Small Grants - page 9 of Community Grant Program Guidelines 2016-17 (348.85 KB)
5. Additional Information to be Included with your Application
Use the 2017/2018 Community Grant Program Application Checklist (362.94 KB) to assist in preparing your application.
The following documentation will be required to be uploaded in step 6:
- Project Plan (70.73 KB)
- Community Development and Arts and Culture Grants Evaluation Framework template (69.03 KB) - Not required for Small Grants
- Quotes for all expenditure items
6. Start Application
Create an account or login to Smartygrants to start your application.
Having trouble logging into Smartygrants? Find out how to reset your password.
Tip: If an organisation seeks to apply for funding in more than one grant category, we recommend using a generic email address so all applications from the same organisation can be accessed from the same account.