There are a range of childcare options for families in Manningham which provide full, part time and occasional care for children from 0 to five years of age.
It is recommended that families visit a range of services and choose an appropriate environment. This will give you an opportunity to see how they operate and how they will best meet the needs of your child.
For more information on Child Care in Manningham, refer to 2017 Chidcare Brochure (1.15 MB)or call Council's Social and Community Services Team on 9840 9315
Child Care - What you should look for?
Below are a list of suggested initial questions for parents to ask themselves and childcare providers.
- How many hours of care do I need? The whole day? Just mornings? Just afternoons? Just a few hours a week? Or just occasionally, like when you have an appointment and need some one to look after your children?
- Do I want my child cared for in a home environment or in a centre?
- What kind of qualifications and experiences do staff members have?
- Does the centre offer a Department of Education and Early Childhhood Development (DEECD) funded pre-school program?
- What learning and play opportunities do I want my child to have?
- What kind of routine will my child have?
- Do I want the centre to provide lunch? Can I have a look at a sample meal plan?
- Does the centre provide nappies?
- What is the carer-to-child ratio?