Making a Complaint
If we fall short in our service, or make a mistake, we encourage you to contact us directly so that the matter can be resolved promptly in line with our customer commitment and to your satisfaction. For more information, visit our customer commitment webpage.
Our complaints procedure
We follow the Victorian Public Services Ombudsman's Complaints Handling procedure. If you have a concern, we will do our best to resolve it. We will also make sure you know what to expect at each stage.
Aims and Objectives
The Complaints and Feedback Guidelines aim to:
- Ensure the community’s right to comment is protected and promoted
- Inform the community of the external and internal procedures for handling complaints and compliments
- Ensure that feedback is handled in an appropriate, effective and systematic way allowing corrective actions to be put in place where necessary
- Increase the level of community satisfaction with our services
You can make a comment, compliment or complaint about any of our services.
There are four distinct categories of customer complaints:
- General operational/services complaints
- Information Privacy Act and Health Records Act complaints
- Protected Disclosure Act complaints
- Trade Practices Act compliance complaints
How we handle your service complaint
Our complaints procedure has two stages:
- Frontline resolution
We will respond to your complaint within ten working days. If we need more time to resolve your issue, we will let you know.
We act on anonymous complaints as far as it is possible to do so without being able to consult with the complainant. If there is sufficient information in the complaint, a review of the complaint will be conducted.
Not satisfied with our response? You can ask us to review your complaint.
We will appoint a senior Council officer to review your complaint. We will tell you who the Council officer is and respond within ten working days.
If your complaint is complex, we may be unable to resolve your concerns within this timescale, in which case we will contact you to agree to a different date.
If you are still not satisfied
For all complaints, you can contact the Victorian Ombudsman Service.
Full Version: Complaints and Feedback Guidelines
Any complaints about your dealings with Council can be addressed to:
Manningham City Council
P.O. Box 1,
Doncaster 3108 Victoria
(03) 9848 3110
(03) 9840 9333
At our Civic Centre Office or Depot Office during business hours.
Via our website
Manningham Complaints Management Guidelines
For more information, download the Complaints Feedback Guidelines (102.7 KB).