Respite Care Support
This service is designed to provide opportunities for carers to take a break from their usual role of caring for frail older people, people with a disability or to the families of younger people with a disability. Respite care support can be provided in a person’s home or in the community.
Respite care may be:
- planned regular respite
- occasional respite, or
- school holiday respite – Manningham Activities for Special Kids (MASK)
For more information about this service, please call the Aged and Disability Support Service Intake Officer on 9840 9700 or email email@example.com
Manningham Activities for Special Kids (MASK) Program
Manningham Activities for Special Kids (MASK) is a school holiday program for children and young adults with disabilities aged between 5-18 years. The program offers a supervised environment for participants with disabilities to explore age and ability appropriate activities, meet new friends and access the community in a holiday atmosphere. The 13-18 year age group program is open to individuals who live in the eastern region of Melbourne with family. The 5-12 year age group program is open to individuals who live in Manningham with family. Eligibility criteria applies.
The program is composed of two age groups:
5 - 12 Year Age Group
- Eight participants daily and four staff - participant to staff ratio of 2:1
- Operates between the hours of 9.00am to 4.45pm from Bulleen Heights School, Pleasant Road, Bulleen
- Operates for a total of five days during a 10 day holiday period
- Operates for a maximum of 9 days during the summer school holidays in January
13 - 18 Year Age Group
- Nine participants and six staff daily - participant to staff ratio of 1.5:1 (or 3:2)
- 12 participants and eight staff during January
- Operates between the hours of 8.00am to 5.45pm from Heatherwood School, 360 Springvale Road, Donvale
- Operates every day of the school holidays (excluding public holidays)
- Summer holiday program runs for a maximum of 18 days during January
Program schedules are sent to mailing list recipients approximately 6-8 weeks before the commencement of the school holidays. Places are confirmed at least four weeks prior to the holidays. New participants are required to complete an assessment for the MASK program before places are confirmed.
Currently there is an ongoing waiting list for the MASK School Holiday Program. Any new enquiries that meet the eligibility criteria will be placed on the waiting list and notified when a vacancy arises.
To register your interest, or for further information, please contact Aged and Disability Support Services on 9840 9700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carer Support Groups
The Senior Carers Support Group and the Chinese Carers Support Group provide an opportunity for carers, who are caring for someone with a disability, or is frail aged, to get together, share ideas, experiences, information and concerns about their caring role. The groups meet monthly and are supported by a facilitator.
Carers can be partners or family members aged 60 years or more who live, work or have a care recipient who attends school or a day program in Manningham.