There are a number of options available to find information for current emergencies but the most important source is you. You must be aware of your surroundings and the conditions outside.
Do not rely on an official warning from authorities to warn you of danger; it must be a joint effort.
Life Threatening Emergencies
- Call 000 for Police, Fire or Ambulance
- Download the Emergency+ app, it uses the GPS functionality of smart phones to help a Triple Zero (000) caller provide critical location details required to mobilise emergency services.
- Vic Emergency
- Social media - Vic Emergency Facebook or Vic Emergency Twitter or CFA Facebook or CFA Twitter or SES Twitter
- Ausnet Services
- United Energy
- Multinet Gas
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Road closures- VicRoads. The Police can close roads during and after emergencies to prevent people entering a dangerous area or to preserve a crime scene.
- For emergency information call the Vic Emergency Hotline on 1800 226 226. On 7 November 2016 the Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL), 1800 240 667, the VICSES Flood & Storm Information Line, 1300 842 737 and the Victorian Emergency Relief Information Line were transitioned into the Vic Emergency Hotline. Callers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact the hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677. If you don't speak English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450
- For SES help in an emergency, call 13 25 00
- Nurse on call on 1300 606 024
- In extreme circumstances, telephone warnings might be sent to your landline or mobile phone using the Emergency Alert system.
- VicEmergency App
Radio and TV
- ABC 774 AM, Eastern 98.1 FM, Plenty Valley 88.6 FM
- Free View TV and Sky News TV
- Listen for the Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS) alert followed by an urgent safety message
Folded signs are positioned at Warrandyte Bridge for use in an emergency situation. Signage will change traffic flow across Warrandyte Bridge. For more information about the signs and to be fully prepared, download the Warrandyte Bridge Emergency Traffic Management Plan information sheet.