Corner Union Street and Templestowe Road, Templestowe Lower
Melway ref. 33 A4
Finns Reserve provides valuable recreation facilities with frontage on the Yarra River. It features paths suitable for pedestrians and bikes, the popular all abilities Wombat Bend playground, barbecues, toilets and picnic shelters.
- Wombat Bend Playspace
- Nature play area
- River views and Yarra River frontage
- Swing bridge connecting to Main Yarra Trail
- Footbridge (built 2016) that connects a walking circuit around the western end of Finns Reserve
- Scout hall - 3rd Templestowe Scout Group
- Artist trail signs
- Historic information shelter
- Exercise equipment
- Shared paths: Start of Ruffey Trail, link to Main Yarra Trail
- Fitness at Finns and Walking Westerfolds Walking Guide
- Walk, Talk and Coffee Walking Guide
- Super Striding Walking Guide
- Picnics and barbecues
- Play (Wombat Bend Playspace)
- Outdoor recreation
Wombat Bend is a sanctuary for creative play, decorated with community art that will inspire and capture the imagination of people of all ages and all abilities. Children and people young at heart will love exploring Wombat Bend, with sensory play activities, accessible path networks, an ampitheatre and native forest walk. Wombat Bend’s highlights include a large mosaic titled ‘The Circle of Friends,’ running feet tiles and the maze panels. Once you have explored Wombat Bend be sure to build and decorate a cubby from bush materials in the nature play area (east of the playground).
For further information on Wombat Bend, download the following documents:
The playground is suitable for children all abilities, aged 1-12 years.
- Climbing cube
- Flying fox
- Picnic area
- Fully fenced playground
- Seats / undercover picnic tables
- Drinking fountains
- Bike racks
Other highlights of Finns Reserve
- Access to Main Yarra Trail cycling and walking path
- Start of the 3 kilometre Ruffey Trail to Ruffey Lake Park
- Fitness equipment
- Open space and bushland
- Nature play area for cubby building and decorating from bush materials (east of the playground)
Barbecues and picnic facilities
Inside Wombat Bend playground - There are two barbecues, a picnic shelter with two picnic tables and another two picnic tables in the play area. There are also some grassed areas suitable to throw down a picnic rug.
Outside the playground - There are two barbecues, several picnic tables including one under a picnic shelter al located next to the main path.
Main carpark entry via Duncan Road, with additional parking at Wood Street entrance.
905 SmartBus service
Bus routes 279, 281 and 309
Off lead reserve, except within 15 metres of playground, BBQ area or where a sporting event is in progress. Dogs prohibited inside the Wombat Bend Playspace fenced area.