An amendment is the legal process by which a Planning Scheme is altered.
View Planning for the Future for current projects to find out what is happening now and in the future in the Manningham.
Recent proposals to change the Manningham Planning Scheme are listed below.
Specific detail about each amendment, including the relevant documents, can be viewed and downloaded using the links below.
To ask questions about these proposed amendments to the Manningham Planning Scheme, please contact Manningham Council Strategic Planning by:
- Phone on 9840 9129
- Visit Council Offices at 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
|Amendment C101 Eastern Golf Course Development Plan||Approved by the Minister for Planning 11 December 2014|
|Amendment C102 Montgomery Street Doncaster East||Approved by the Minister for Planning 28 September 2016|
|Amendment C104 Westfield Masterplan|
Combined Panel and Advisory Committee to consider submissions March/April 2017.
|Amendment C109 Review of Flooding Controls||Officers considering submissions|
|Amendment C110 Residential Policy Review||Approved by the Minister for Planning on 3 March 2016|
|Amendment C111 383-395 Manningham Road Doncaster|
Exhibition completed. Panel report received
|Amendment C112 775-779 Doncaster Road Doncaster|
Panel Hearing scheduled for 21 February 2017.
|Amendment C113 : 66-68 Hall Road, Warrandyte South and seven Heritage places|
On Exhibition 28 November 2016 to 20 January 2017.
|Amendment GC42 Environmentally Sustainable Design||Submitted to Minister of Planning for approval 2 September 2016|
To view Planning Scheme Amendments information relating to the Manningham Planning Scheme, please visit the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure website.
Planning Scheme Amendment Process
Preparing a planning scheme amendment is a formal, legal process that needs to comply with the requirements of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
The Minister for Planning is responsible for making a decision about whether to change the Planning Scheme that applies to the Eastern Golf Course site.
Overview of Council amendment processes:
- Council Meeting: Resolution to seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare an amendment
- Authorisation granted from Minister for Planning
- Public Exhibition: Opportunity for the public to make a written submission of support or objection
- Council Meeting: Consideration of all written submissions. Council considers whether to change, not change or abandon the amendment, or refer unresolved submissions to an independent Panel.
- Panel Hearing: Consideration of unresolved submissions by an independent Panel, appointed by the Minister for Planning
- Council Meeting: Consideration of Panel recommendations and resolution to adopt, change or abandon amendment
- Submission of Final Amendment to the Minister for Planning for Approval
- Minister for Planning approves or refuses the amendment