There are a number of facilities where you can take items for recycling for free. Certain items should not be placed into your household bins as they can be recycled and made into new products rather than being disposed of into landfill. If you're unsure about disposing of a certain item, refer to our A-Z waste and recycling guide.
The following facilities in and around Manningham accept a range of products for recycling at no charge:
Manningham City Council Depot
Address: 620-628 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East
Phone: 9840 9333
- Mobile Phones
- Fluorescent Tubes and Globes
Banyule Waste Recovery Centre
Address: Corner of Waterdale Road and Banksia Street, Bellfield
Phone: 9490 4222
- Glass bottles and jars
- Steel and aluminium cans
- Plastic containers (Codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
- Paper and cardboard (non-commercial)
- Motor oil (up to 10 litres)
- Paint (up to 40 litres and maximum 5 tins)
- Gas cylinders
- Fluorescent lights
- Juice and milk cartons
For more information, please visit Banyule Waste Recovery Centre.
Whitehorse Recycling and Waste Centre
Address: Burwood Highway (opposite Morack Road), Vermont South
Phone: 9262 6236
- Paper and cardboard (books and magazines)
- Batteries (domestic and car batteries)
- Engine oil (up to five litres)
- Cooking oil (up to 20 litres)
- Fluorescent tubes (non commercial)
- Glass bottles/jars (clear and coloured)
- Aluminium (cans, pots, pans, window frames)
- Steel (whitegoods, guttering, roofing, bikes and appliances)
- Other metals (copper, brass, stainless steel)
- Electronic waste (only certain items)
For more information, please visit Whitehorse Recycling and Waste Centre.
Alternatively, visit the Recycling Near You website for a comprehensive online resource to find recycling locations in and around Melbourne.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact the Waste Management Team on 9846 0579 or email email@example.com.