As part of Manningham City Council's Community Training Program for 2017/2018 we invite members of community organisations including community and children’s services, sports clubs, recreation, leisure, arts and cultural groups to attend this free session.
Committee or board members of not for profit organisations come to the table with a mix of skills and experiences which makes their contribution special. Many don’t have an in-depth knowledge of accounting yet most committees are now aware of their individual responsibility to ensure the groups is solvent and the importance of being able to read the financial reports.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Understanding how to assess if good financial governance is in place for your organisation
- Interpreting the financial reports including the balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow reports
- Developing your budget for the financial year
- Calculating your organisation’s financial health
- Linking the strategic plan to the budget and financial reports
- Determining the appropriate level of equity for your not for profit
- Understanding the financial controls required to protect your assets
The session will be facilitated by Non Profit Training.
Date: Tuesday 19 September 2017
Time: 6.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Venue: Heide Room, Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster
Bookings: Bookings are essential and places are limited to 2 people per organisation.