Walking is one of Manningham's most popular recreation activities because:
- It's a great way to be active
- It's free
- It's a more social way of travelling
- You can do it anywhere at any time
- You don't need any equipment, other than a pair of shoes
- It's a sustainable way of getting around
- It doesn't matter your age, pace, whether you're on your own or in a group, heading somewhere or nowhere in particular
- It's the best value form of exercise for the prevention (and cure) of many major health problems including obesity, diabetes, cardio-vascular disease and more.
For more information, visit the Victoria Walks "WhyWalk" webpage.
- Social interaction with the group increases the enjoyment
- Extra encouragement to participate in physical activity
- You are more likely to commit to regular walking, knowing you are part of a group
View a list of walking groups in Manningham.
Walking Trails with Self-Guides
Council has a suite of walking trails and self guides that showcase the municipality's wealth of natural, historical, cultural and environmental assets. Offering walks from Bulleen to Wonga Park and everywhere in between, the guides include detailed maps, as well as interesting and informative notes to enhance your walking experience. The walking guides can be either downloaded below or posted to you. Telephone Manningham Council on 9840 9333 for a copy.
There is also a suite of eight brochures for Currawong Bush Park and for a more indepth experience, you can download our Audio Guides for Currawong Bush Park.
|Arts, Artists and Ancient Trees||Bulleen|
|Fruit, Frogs and Family Fun||Doncaster|
|Car Race Hill||Doncaster East|
|Keeping Fit in Koonung||Doncaster East|
|Fauna, Foals and Fruit||Donvale|
|100% Special||Park Orchards|
|A Clearing in the Forest||Templestowe|
|A Gentle Green Gully||Templestowe|
|Petty's Fruits and You Beaut Eucs||Templestowe|
|Fitness at Finns and Walking Westerfolds||Templestowe Lower|
|Walk, Talk and Coffee||Templestowe Lower|
|All Manna of Gums||Warrandyte|
|Relaxing Riverside Ramble||Warrandyte|
|Building the Warrandyte Style||Warrandyte|
|A Mighty View||Wonga Park|
|Wine Time Heritage||Wonga Park|
|A Wheel Pleasure||Doncaster, Templestowe and Donvale|
|Super Striding||Templestowe, Doncaster East and Templestowe Lower|
For guided walking tours in manningham, book yourself into our nature walks series.