Carer Support – Respite Care

We can help support primary carers to take a planned break from their usual role of caring for a family member or loved one.  Respite Care might be provided in your home or it could include support to access an activity in the community. Respite care may be planned regular respite services or occasional respite only booked when needed.

If you need emergency respite you can contact the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre (CRCC) on 1800 052 222.  

How to access services

People aged over 65 years (over 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people)

Before you can access services you will need to register for an assessment with My Aged Care by visiting or by calling 1800 200 422

After you are assessed, our Aged and Disability Support Services team can provide services. A subsidy may be provided by the Australian Government through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).

How much does it cost?

Clients contribute towards the cost of government subsidised services. We will talk to you about any costs before we start providing services. Our Icon for application/pdf Aged and Disability Support Services Fee Guidelines (149.93 KB) can provide a guide for you.

Need more details?

Visit us at Manningham Council Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster 3108. You can also call us on  9840 9700, or email us at  

Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.

Why wasn't this information helpful?

  • Not enough information
  • Too much information
  • Confusing
  • I couldn't find what I was looking for
  • Incorrect
  • Other
Limit to 250 characters.