When applying for a community grant, applicants are encouraged to:
1. Confirm Eligibility
Consult page 2 of the Community Grant Program Guidelines 2018 (392.48 KB) to confirm your organisation's eligibility to apply.
2. Confirm Grant Category
Confirm which grant category you wish to apply for.
3. Discuss Application with Grants Team
Support is available to community groups who require more assistance with their grant application and/or advice on how to apply online.To discuss your application with our community grants team, please call 9840 9305.
If you are applying for funding through the Community Development and Arts & Culture Grant categories, it is mandatory to discuss your application with the Grants Team on 9840 9305.
4. Review Assessment Criteria
Refer to the Community Grant Program Guidelines 2018 (392.48 KB) and review the Assesment Criteria for the relevant category:
- Community Development Grants on page 8
- Arts and Culture on page 10
- Small Grants on page 12
5. Additional Information to be Included with your Application
Use the 2018 Grant Program Application Checklist (68.35 KB) to assist in preparing your application.
The following documentation will be required to be uploaded in step 6:
- Project Plan (70.73 KB) - Not requried for Small Grant Equipment Purchase applications
- Community Development and Arts and Culture Grants Evaluation Framework template (69.03 KB) - Not required for Small Grants applications
- Quotes for all expenditure items
6. Start Application
Create an account or login to Smartygrants to start your application.
Having trouble logging into Smartygrants? Find out how to reset your password.
Tip: If an organisation seeks to apply for funding in more than one grant category, we recommend using a generic email address so all applications from the same organisation can be accessed from the same account.