Are local emergency services dementia friendly?
Presented by Dementia Australia
This session is targeted to those who work or volunteer with emergency services in Manningham.
We invite you to attend a workshop run by Dementia Australia that will support you and your local community in becoming dementia-friendly. Join us and learn how you can make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Have an understanding of dementia, its signs and symptoms.
- Have practical ways to be a Dementia Friend and/or support someone with dementia in the community.
- Be able to identify some of the challenges experienced by people living with dementia when engaging in community activities.
- Understand how being a dementia friendly community can benefit people living with dementia, the broader community, businesses and organisations.
- Understand what makes an organisation and community dementia-friendly.
- Reflect on what changes they can make in their own community, workplace or practice in order to become more dementia-friendly.
- Know where to access practical resources and support to be recognised as a Dementia Friend or dementia-friendly.
Light refreshments will be provided.