Respite care for older adults

We’re here to support primary carers looking after a family member or loved one via respite care. This will allow carers to have planned breaks. We can offer respite care at home or it could include support to access community activities. Bookings can be for regular or occasional respite care.

If you need emergency respite, contact the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre (CRCC) on 1800 052 222.

Respite care cost

Clients contribute to the cost of government subsidised services. We’ll talk to you about any costs before providing services. To learn more, our view a full list of fees and how to pay can give you further info.

Aged and disability support services fee guidelines
Aged and disability support services fee guidelines
205.64 KB

How to access services

People aged over 65 years (over 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people).

Before using our services, you’ll need to register for an assessment with My Aged Care or calling 1800 200 422.

After an assessment, we’ll be able to provide the services. The federal government may provide subsidies via the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).

Learn more about respite care

Visit us at Manningham Council Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster 3108. You can also contact us via email.