The bundled garden waste (branches) collection provides residents with the opportunity to dispose of garden waste that will not fit into the garden bin. The bundled branches collection is only available to residents with a Council bin collection service.
Alternatively, you can drop off a selection of garden waste items at the Manningham Garden Waste Centre.
How to book a bundled garden waste (branches) collection
Each year, residents can choose to have either:
- Two household hard rubbish (waste) collections, or
- Two household bundled garden waste (branches) collections, or
- A combination of one hard rubbish (waste) collections and onebundled branches (garden waste) collection.
Please follow these steps when preparing to book:
- Check that your items can be collected
- Bookings must be made before placing material on the nature strip
- A minimum of half a cubic metre and a maximum of two cubic metres is required for each collection
- Please place items on the nature strip on the day advised by Council
- Bookings close fortnightly on a Wednesday at 5.00 pm
- Cancellations must be received by Friday 5.00 pm.
Book a Bundled Garden Waste (Branches) Collection
Please complete the Book a Bundled Garden Waste (Branches) Collection Form or contact Council on 9840 9333. Any bookings made online will receive a confirmation within one business day.
Items that can be collected
Pruning materials and tree branches that are less than 75mm in diameter and 1.5m in length (must be securely tied with cotton string or twine in bundles, up to 300mm diameter)
Single tree limbs/logs that are between 75mm and 200mm in diameter and 1.5m in length (must be free of branches and leaves and neatly stacked)
Tree roots that can be lifted by one person
Items that can't be collected
No untied bundled branches or branches exceeding 1.5 metres in length or 75mm in diameter
No tree roots that cannot be
No large logs, stumps or timber
No soil, earth, bricks, rubble,
No leaves, grass, weeds, ivy, rose bushes, thorny plants, bamboo and palm trees or branches
No bundles tied with wire,
No garden waste in plastic bags, polystyrene boxes or wheelie bins
No food waste
No material containing wire or nails