State Government approves Amendment C86 Eastern Golf Course site
Manningham Council has welcomed the announcement that the State Government has approved Amendment C86 to the Manningham Planning Scheme.
Council is delighted with the decision by the Government to support Council’s key proposal to encourage a minimum area of 20 per cent of the site to be set aside for public open space to ensure the retention of significant vegetation, cultural values and the protection of faunal corridors.
The Amendment provides the guiding parameters for the development of the 47 hectare Eastern Golf Course site over coming years. The Amendment was adopted by Council on 28 June 2011. The Minister for Planning approved Amendment C86 on 25 January 2012.
Amendment C86 Overview
In September 2010, Manningham Council exhibited a planning scheme amendment affecting the Eastern Golf Course. Amendment C86 seeks to help guide the future development of the site and protect its existing characteristics and features.
Following the exhibition period an independent Panel Hearing reviewed the proposal and submissions received, as well as four expert witness statements, in April 2011. For more information, view the C86 Panel Report (512.3 KB)
Key aspects of the amendment include:
- Introduction of the local Eastern Golf Course Policy that outlines the vision, objectives and issues to be addressed when considering future redevelopment of the site (Clause 22.17)
- Public open space contribution to Council of 20 per cent as part of any subdivision of land (Schedule to Clause 52.01)
- Eastern Golf Course site is specified as a key redevelopment site in the Municipal Strategic Statement (Clause 21.05-7)
The local policy and required public open space contribution are based on development principles that were adopted by Council in June 2009 following consultation with the community.
For more information, view:
- Notice of Preparation of Amendment (37.5 KB)
- C86 Explanatory Report (28.45 KB)
- C86 Amendment Instruction Sheet (17.37 KB)
- Planning Scheme Change List (28.71 KB)
- Affected Parties Letter 19 August 2010 (21.91 KB)
- C86 Letter to Residents 28 March 2011 (14 KB)
Proposed Planning Scheme Provisions:
- Planning Scheme Contents Page (54.59 KB)
- Planning Scheme Vision Statement (159.11 KB) (Clause 21.04)
- Eastern Golf Course Planning Policy (48.74 KB) (Clause 22.17)
- Planning Scheme Residential Framework (805.12 KB) (Clause 21.05)
- Key References (34.37 KB) (Clause 21.16)
- Schedule Clause 52.01 (15.52 KB)
Council held a Ward Meeting on Wednesday 7 October 2009 with local residents to provide an opportunity to discuss local issues including the Eastern Golf Club site.
More information is available below:
- Koonung Meeting 7 Oct 2009 (36.89 KB)
- Eastern Golf Course Koonung Ward Meeting Presentation (5.85 MB)
- Eastern Golf Course Media Release October 2009 (316 KB)
- Eastern Golf Development Principles June 2009 (42.15 KB)
- Eastern Golf Course open space map (685.5 KB) - supersedes August 2009 version, with extension to the proposed open space at the rear of properties at 36, 38 and 40 Fairway Drive.
- Eastern Golf Course Letter to Residents 21 Dec 2009 (23.86 KB)
The Eastern Golf Course - Consideration of Planning Options report went to the October Council meeting on 26 October.
- View the Council Meeting Minutes - Abridged 26 October 2010 (835.73 KB), containing the report.
On 30 November 2010, Council considered the 12 submissions received and endorsed Amendment C86, subject to changes identified in the Council Officers' recommended responses to submissions, and requested that the Minister for Planning appoint an Independent Panel under Part 8 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, to consider all submissions.