Be part of Manningham’s largest Christmas celebration.
Following last year’s cancellation due to COVID-19, we’re bringing back this much loved community event in 2021.
This iconic community celebration will include a free kids’ zone, concert performance and fireworks finale under the stars at Ruffey Lake Park.
Date: Friday 10 December 2021
Time: 6.00pm to 10.00pm
Location: Ruffey Lake Park, George Street, Doncaster
Expression of interest - performers and stallholders
Expressions of interest are now open for Manningham Carols by Candlelight 2021.
We’re looking for performers, local food businesses and community groups wanting to help spread some Christmas cheer to be involved in the event’s 40th year.
- Expressions of interest close at 5.00pm on Friday 8 October 2021
- Applicants will be notified of a decision by Friday 22 October 2021
There are a range of categories available as part of the expression of interest. To apply, see details below.
* Please note, all activities will be conducted under strict COVID safe protocols and will be subject to the COVID restrictions at the time.
Calling all talented performers, singers and soloists to be part of our 2021 entertainment program.
Commercial food stalls
Seeking quality food stalls, food trucks, food carts, drinks and coffee to enhance the 2021 Carols experience, operating from 6.00pm to 10.00pm.
Community food and fundraising stalls
We are looking for enthusiastic community groups, clubs, schools and not-for-profit organisations that are interested in fundraising opportunities from 6.00pm to 10.00pm. Fundraising and food stalls could include barbecues, cake stalls, art and craft stalls, or selling the ever popular LED candles or glow novelties.
Event sponsorship opportunities are also available for Manningham local businesses to be part of the event.
Please download the Carols By Candlelight Sponsorship Proposal (3.28 MB) for details.
Stallholders must satisfy all COVID-19 requirements that are applicable in the lead up to, and on the day of the festival.
- Have their own COVID safe plan in place for their stall. COVID safe plans must follow the key COVID safe principles relating to COVID screening, physical distancing, sanitiser, signage, entry/exit points, footmarkers, etc. Plans should also include; staff training, staff practices (clean hygiene) and staff PPE.
- All Food and Catering Vendors must ensure all workers are appropriately trained to prepare and serve food and beverages in compliance with COVIDSafe directions and the Restricted Activity Directions.
- Provide a copy of their COVID safe plan to the Festival Organisers prior to the show.
- Sign into the festival on arrival using the QR codes available.
- Ensure that their stall is set up in a manner that prevents or manages pedestrian queueing.
- Provide their own sanitiser and signage and other consumable items relating to their COVID safe plan.
- Provide a Victorian Government QR Code and encourage patrons to QR Code especially when purchasing food.
- Promote contactless payment methods.
- Not offer self-service to food or beverages.
- Operate their stall in a COVID safe manner.
Event Organisers have a right to evict patrons and/or stallholders who are displaying Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms.
Event Organisers reserve the right to alter audience capacity on the advice of Government and State organisations in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Should the event be cancelled due to COVID-19 Government Direction, full refunds will be provided.
The Manningham Carols by Candlelight 2021 will not provide compensation for costs incurred to stallholders in the event of the event cancellation, due to COVID-19 restrictions.