Sports Achiever of the Year
This award recognises individuals who demonstrate excellence in the sporting arena and/or displays exemplary leadership in the Manningham sporting community. This award is for people who inspire others, encourage participation and embody the principles of sportsmanship and fair play.
Along with those who play sport, you can nominate anyone who contributes to Manningham’s sporting community off the field. This includes coaches, referees/ umpires, organisers, volunteers and officials. If you’d like to nominate someone for an achievement made through a paid role, please demonstrate how they’ve contributed to the Manningham community in addition to their expected duties.
- Nominees must be involved with sport in the Manningham community
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- Manningham Councillors, Manningham Council employees, State and Federal politicians are not eligible, but are encouraged to nominate others
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision
- Award winners should be willing to share their achievements in the 12 months after winning, promote civic values and to reflect positively on the principles of the Manningham Civic Awards. This may include but is not limited to public speaking, promotional campaigns and having photos taken and displayed
- Nominations under 150 words will not be considered for judging.