What a time to show some neighbourly love.
Every household should maintain some much needed social contact, learn about ways we can be kind to others.
How to be kind to others
- Smile and say hello to others
- Check in on an elderly neighbour
- Do a grocery shop for someone who can’t
- Find the time to make two calls (not texts!) a day to people you love
- Ask the person who’s serving you how their day is going (and repeat point one... smile)
- Drop off a home-cooked meal to someone doing it tough
- Be a good listener
- Treat the kids to a movie night at home
- Cook a special meal together
Ways you can support our community
- Volunteer during COVID-19
- Register your interest to volunteer and help those in need.
- Make a donation
- Charities throughout Manningham are seeking donations of food and household items during this time.
- Knit for refugee families
- Knit beanies, jumpers, scarves and squares for refugees and asylum seekers.
Resource for people with a disability
The Information Access Group have released "Easy for Me", an online magazine written for people with a disability who are isolated at home right now. The magazine gives people ideas for keeping busy and staying connected at home. It has recipes, puzzles and activities, and a helpful guide to online apps and programs.