Our community is feeling the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and its effects on many aspects of our daily lives. We are acutely aware of the effect the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation is having on our community and that these impacts will continue to evolve.
Support for small businesses and community groups affected by COVID-19
Be Kind Manningham
In these unprecedented and challenging times, one thing we can do is band together as a community and show a little kindness to ourselves and to each other.
Let us introduce you to Be Kind Manningham, an initiative to encourage everyone in our community to continue to be kind to others, be kind to those most in need at this time, and be kind to yourself.
Community Activation and Social Isolation initiative
The Community Activation and Social Isolation (CASI) initiative helps people build social connections and support networks in their local communities during COVID-19. Manningham Council is managing this program for our community and partnering with community organisations to provide on-the-ground support.
We are acutely aware of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the impact this may have on your ability to make payment for your council rates at this time.
If you are experiencing genuine financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 you can apply for a special payment arrangement with us.
Our COVID-19 Community Relief Package
Our package of relief measures includes support for local businesses affected by COVID-19. This includes:
- 25% discount on the next round of annual registration fees for food and health premises
- subsidised business development programs that will provide additional support to local businesses in the short and medium term
Our business support program
Our Business team have developed a number of programs to support our local business community.
Upcoming programs will include:
- Business advisory services and mentoring for heavily affected businesses
- One-on-one technical support and transition for businesses
- Marketing support and business planning
- Activation support post lockdown
- Adaptation to the new business environment
Doncare delivers a wide range of support services and programs to help families, the aged, youth and disadvantaged within our community. Their main services include:
- Information and emergency relief
- Family services
- Family violence prevention and recovery
- Social support for seniors
State Government and Federal Government support
The State Government and Federal Government have a range of support packages available to individuals during this time.
- The State Government has support for Victorians self-isolating with no access to food and essential supplies
- The Federal Government has support available to those affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) via Services Australia
The Victorian Government also has a support package for Victorian workers impacted by COVID-19.
NDIS participants and providers can access support and resources via the NDIS website.
- Family Recovery Fund Culturally and linguistically diverse individuals and families in Victoria who have been significantly impacted by COVID can access case management support (with a focus on mental health recovery, education, training and employment) through the Family Recovery Program. Information regarding this program is available in 13 community languages. If you would like more info, contact email@example.com
- Extreme Hardship Support Program The Extreme Hardship Support Program (EHSP) provides emergency financial assistance to people on temporary and provisional visas and undocumented migrants who are not eligible for Commonwealth Government income support. It assists people with zero or very limited savings, income or community support to pay for food, medicine and bills during the coronavirus pandemic. EHSP is a Victorian Government program delivered by Red Cross and the Brotherhood of St Laurence
Additional support is available during this time, you can access the following resources
Contact our Business team
As we continue to feel the effects of COVID-19 within our community, Manningham Business is here to support your business through this time.
We want to hear your experiences and we’re keen to help and advocate on your behalf wherever possible. Leave us your details and a member of the Manningham Business team will get back to you.