The City of Manningham for electoral purposes is divided into three Wards, being Heide Ward, Koonung Ward and Mullum Mullum Ward. Each Ward is represented by three councillors making a Council of nine councillors.
A Ward is the electorate that a Councillor represents. It is broadly equivalent to a 'seat' in State or Federal elections.
Wards are devised on the basis of communities of similar interest or similar areas; and a statutory requirement for each Ward not to vary from other Wards in number of voters by more than plus or minus 10 per cent.
- Heide consists primarily of the suburbs of Bulleen, Templestowe and Lower Templestowe.
- Heide Ward had 29, 310 voters for the 2012 election.
- Koonung consists primarily of the suburbs of Doncaster and part of Doncaster East south of Doncaster Road.
- Koonung Ward had 28,842 voters for the 2012 election.
Mullum Mullum Ward
- The Ward consists primarily of the suburbs of Warrandyte, Wonga Park, Warrandyte South, Park Orchards and significant parts of Donvale, Doncaster East and Ringwood North.
- Mullum Mullum Ward had 29,179 voters for the 2012 election.
More information on the Council election process, voting and standing for election can be found on the following websites.
- Municipal association of Victoria (MAV) email@example.com
- Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA)
- Victorian Local Governance Association’s (VLGA) Women in Local government
- Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC)
- The role of a Councillor (Manningham City Council)
Past Election Results
The results of past elections can be viewed on the Victorian Electoral Commission website.