For information regarding changes to kindergartens and pre-schools in Manningham, please contact the kindergarten or pre-school where your child is enrolled for further information or visit the Victorian Department of Education and Training (Vic DET).
Kindergarten is a great start to preparing your child for school. It provides developmentally appropriate programs that further the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of your three or four year old.
The kindergarten program also provides a great opportunity for families to develop links with their community and to get to know other families.
Funded kindergarten programs operate in a range of settings in Manningham.
- Purpose-built stand-alone kindergartens.
- Community based child care centres.
- Private childcare centres.
For more information visit the State Government's webpage, Types of kindergarten programs.
When and how to enrol
We don’t provide a central enrolment service. Most kindergartens suggest enrolling your child in the month they turn two to ensure they get a place. To enrol your child in kindergarten, contact the enrolment officer at your choice of kindergarten.
What if my child needs additional support?
We offer a number of programs to children and families who require additional support. This may include children who:
- Require extra support in the kindergarten setting.
- Have language difficulties.
- Are experiencing emotional or social issues.
- Display challenging behaviour.
- Exhibit developmental delay.
- Have disabilities who are not already involved with an early intervention agency.
Preschool Field Officer Program
The State Government-funded Preschool Field Officer Service program offers extra assistance to children attending a funded kindergarten program who require additional learning and development support. This includes:
- Observations of developmental concerns after receiving referrals from parents/guardian and/or teacher.
- Referrals to specialist services such as speech pathology.
- Assistance in developing tailored programs for children with additional needs.
- Support and information for families of children with additional needs.
- Liaison with community agencies and profession groups in early intervention services.
- Supporting kindergarten staff with additional resources and training.
- Assistance in assessment and applications for a second year of funded kindergarten, if required.
Inclusion Support Program
The Inclusion Support Program aims to build the capacity of education and care services in Victoria to include all children. The program commenced on 1 July 2016 and is delivered by the Community Child Care Association in partnership with KU Children’s Services and Yooralla. This agency is known as the Victorian Inclusion Agency.