We offer a range of childcare options for families including full time, part time and occasional care for children from birth to 5 years of age.
We recommend families visit a range of child care services to choose the most suitable one for your child’s needs.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when choosing a child care service:
- How many hours of care do I need? The whole day? Just mornings? Just afternoons? Just a few hours a week? Or just occasionally, like when you have an appointment and need some one to look after your children?
- Do I want my child cared for in a home environment or in a centre?
- What kind of qualifications and experiences do staff members have?
- Does the centre offer a Department of Education and Early Childhhood Development (DEECD) funded pre-school program?
- What learning and play opportunities do I want my child to have?
- What kind of routine will my child have?
- Do I want the centre to provide lunch? Can I have a look at a sample meal plan?
- Does the centre provide nappies?
- What is the carer-to-child ratio?