Department of Education and Training (DET) advise that Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services are to remain open for ALL children during this current circuit breaker lockdown. COVID Safe Plans are to be followed and all adults in a service are to wear a fitted face masks unless they are directly educating children.
For more information regarding changes to childcare services in Manningham, please contact the service where your child is enrolled for further information or visit the Victorian Department of Education and Training (Vic DET).
We offer a range of childcare options for families including full-time, part-time and occasional care for children from birth to 5 years of age. Find out more about Early Years at MC Square, the only early childhood education and care service owned and operated by Manningham Council.
We recommend families visit a range of child care services to choose the most suitable one for your child’s needs.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when choosing a child care service:
- How many hours of care do I need? (eg. whole day, mornings, afternoons, few hours a week, occasionally etc.)
- Do I want my child cared for in a home environment or in a centre?
- What kind of qualifications and experiences do staff members have?
- Does the centre offer a Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) funded pre-school program?
- What learning and play opportunities do I want my child to have?
- What kind of routine will my child have?
- Do I want the centre to provide lunch? Can I have a look at a sample meal plan?
- Does the centre provide nappies?
- What is the carer-to-child ratio?
For more information on Child Care in Manningham call our Children's Services Team on 9840 9333.