Support for young people in Manningham
The Manningham Youth Services (EACH) offices at MC2 are temporarily closed but phone and video services with youth workers are available.
Who can access these services?
Young people and their families aged 10-25 years who live, work, study in the Manningham area.
When are services available?
Services can be accessed between 9:00am to 5:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and between 11:00am to 7:00pm on Thursdays.
Manningham Youth Services (MYS) offers a community-inclusive youth service that aims to improve the health and well-being of all young people who live, work, study or are otherwise connected to the Manningham municipality.
Delivered by Eastern Access Community Health (EACH), MYS engages with young people to help build skills, qualities and capabilities to create more sound pathways for a brighter and more optimistic future.
MYS provides the following supports for young people:
- Consultations with a youth worker to provide guidance, support, advice and access to opportunities within the local area
- In-school mentoring, leadership and social support programs
- Support for international students
- Youth Advisory Council
- Mental Health Awareness Education Program
- Youth events
MYS also provides advice, support and assistance to the following groups who engage with young people:
- Parents and caregivers
- Educational professionals
- Community service providers
- Community recreational providers
- Local businesses
Some of our other support programs include:
- L2P learner driver mentor program
This is a free, community-based volunteer program helping young learner drivers under 21 with a current learners permit but without access to a vehicle or supervising driver, to achieve the mandatory 120 driving hours to obtain a probationary licence. For more information, contact 9846 0537
- Manningham Youth Providers Network
Open to schools and agencies supporting young people in Manningham. For more information, contact 9840 9452
- School focused youth service
A state-wide initiative, this program aims to assist schools and community agencies in developing partnerships to enhance relationships supporting young people at risk. For more information, contact 9840 9452