Finns Reserve including Wombat Bend Playspace
Corner Union Street and Templestowe Road, Templestowe Lower
Enjoy a sanctuary of nature and art in one location. Nestled by the Yarra River, Finns Reserve is a great place to enjoy the outdoors and get active. With walking, bike paths and Wombat Bend playspace, Finns Reserve can be enjoyed by everyone.
Wombat Bend Playspace
Ignite your imagination at the all abilities Wombat Bend. Enjoy community art and sculptures, sensory play activities, an amphitheatre and a native forest walk. You’ll love exploring the large mosaic titled ‘The Circle of Friends’ and navigating the maze panels. Or try building your own cubby house from bush materials in the nature play area (east of the playground). With a fully fenced playground, children can run wild along pathways and the native forest walk.
Pack a picnic and relax by the Yarra - or cook a meal on the onsite barbecues. There are also toilets and drinking fountains onsite.
Wombat Bend is great for children, families and people who are young at heart.
Wombat Bend Fact Sheet (2.29 MB)
Wombat Bend Visitor Information (1.37 MB)
More special activities and attractions to enjoy
- The swing bridge connects Finns Reserve to the Main Yarra Trail. Fitness at Finns and Walking Westerfolds Walking Guide takes you around Westerfolds Park.
- Walk, Talk and Coffee Walking Guide
- Super Striding Walking Guide
- Artist trail
- Historic information shelter
- Exercise equipment
Bring your dog
Bring your dog to Finns Reserve - this is an off lead location. Please put your dog on a lead within 15 metres of the playground, BBQ area or where a sporting event is in progress. For the safety of children, the Wombat Bend fenced playspace is a dog free zone.
Getting there and car parking
You can access the main carpark via Duncan Road. There is additional parking via Wood Street.
Catching the bus? The buses that visit Finns Reserve are:
- 905 SmartBus service
- Bus routes 279, 281 and 309
Good to know
- Wombat Bend is located on the shared path with wheelchair accessible car parking, paths, drink fountains, toilets and of course, accessible play equipment which includes sand play, flying fox, swings and see-saw
- Wombat Bend playground is fenced
- If you choose to ride bike racks are just outside the playground
- Barbecues, picnic tables and shelter is available in Finns Reserve as well as inside Wombat Bend