On this page
Council's key climate and energy policies are the Climate 2020 Action Plan (8.18 MB) and Securing the Future Adaptation Plan (4.57 MB), which seek to reduce emissions and encourage people to adapt to our changing environment.
Through action 5.1 of the Securing the Future Adaptation Plan, Council has also developed the Manningham City Council Food Security Plan 2016-2021 (2.74 MB). The plan aims to assist in creating a sustainable food system that allows economic and physical access to locally sourced food for individuals and businesses, whilst also providing the capacity for readily obtaining information for decision making that leads to healthy food choices.
You can also read about how we are leading sustainability action in our Annual environment report for 2018/19 (1.98 MB).
We have developed a partnership with the Australian Energy Foundation to provide key services and advice to Manningham residents on:
- Solar power quotes
- Energy efficiency quotes
- Heating and cooling
- Hot water
- Solar power & battery storage
- Weather proofing
- Our suppliers
We encourage the local community to be active participants in reducing energy use and emissions.
Save energy at home and reduce your impact on climate change with these tips:
- Discover how to get the best deal on your energy bill. Consider purchasing green power from your electricity retailer.
- Choose a Green Plumber to assist with selection of your heating and cooling systems, and solar hot water.
- Purchasing a new home? Check out its house energy rating.
- Building or renovating? Learn how to design the energy-smart way