Funded kindergarten programs operate in a range of settings in Manningham. They include:
- purpose-built stand-alone kindergartens
- community based childcare centres
- private childcare centres.
The kindergarten program runs for one year prior to school entry. A fee subsidy is available for eligible families.
Kindergarten is a great start to preparing your child for school. It provides developmentally appropriate programs that further the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of your four year old.
The kindergarten program also provides a great opportunity for families to develop links with their community and to get to know other families.
Council does not provide a central enrolment service. To enrol your child in kindergarten you will need to contact the enrolment officers of the kindergartens in your local area. Most kindergartens suggest enrolling your child in the month they turn two years of age to ensure they get a place.
For more information, download the brochure
- 2018 Kindergarten Brochure (557.45 KB)
Preschool Field Officer Program
The State Government funded Preschool Field Officer Service assists children attending funded kindergarten programs who may require extra support in learning and development.
The Pre-School Field Officer Service includes:
- Observations of children with additional needs and developmental concerns, after receiving a referral from parents/guardians and or kindergarten teacher.
- Referral of preschool age children to other specialist services such as Speech Pathology etc, if required.
- Assistance in the development of individual programs for children with additional needs.
- Support and information for families of children with additional needs.
- Liaison and consultation with other community agencies and professional groups in early intervention services.
- Supporting kindergarten staff with additional resources and training.
- Assistance (if required) in assessment and applications for a second year of funded kindergarten.
Children with additional needs may include those:
- Who may require extra support in the kindergarten setting.
- With language difficulties.
- Experiencing emotional or social issues.
- Displaying challenging behaviour.
- Exhibiting some developmental delay.
- With disabilities who are not already involved with an early intervention agency.
Contacting the Pre-School Field Officer
Parents/Guardians and Kindergarten Teachers are encouraged to contact Manningham's Pre-School Field Officer directly for information, ongoing support or to arrange an appointment. There is no cost involved for families or Kinder staff to access this service.
Inclusion Support Program
The new Inclusion Support Programme (ISP) commenced on 1 July 2016 and is delivered by the Community Child Care Association (CCC) in partnership with KU Children’s Services and Yooralla. The agency is known as the Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA) and aims to build the capacity of education and care services in Victoria to include all children.
All Manningham services have received information and support and have been transitioned to the new provider.
Visit the Victorian Inclusion Agency to find information about the VIA including regional office locations and contact details.
Learn more about the new Inclusion Support Programme.