24 May 2018
This week at the Manningham Civic Awards, Manningham celebrate individuals and community groups who are busy making a difference and contributing to our community.
Manningham Mayor Cr Andrew Conlon said it was a privilege to acknowledge so many community-minded citizens and groups.
"We are fortunate to have an active and engaged community. This year we created our civic awards to better showcase the work of our community.
"These wonderful people strengthen the fabric of Manningham and the community connectedness we enjoy every day," he said.
The 2018 Manningham Civic Award winners are:
- Citizen of the Year - Geoff Roberts
- Young Citizen of the Year - Jade L Chan
- Sport Achievement Highly Commended Award - Alf Molinaro
- Sport Achievement Award - Fiona Huber
- Volunteer of the Year - Judges Commendation Award - Kristie Chapman
- Volunteer of the Year - Teresa Clarke
- Community Achievement Highly Commended - Kids Hope Mentors
- Community Achievement Award - Women’s Friendship Group
"On behalf of our entire community I would like to thank our nominees for their efforts, you are the heart of Manningham."
"I know there are many unsung heroes going above and beyond in Manningham. Please share their amazing stories with us when nominations for next year’s Civic Awards open later this year," he said.
The Monster Community Raffle was also drawn during the celebrations. Over $24,000 was raised for community organisations, schools and sporting clubs in Manningham and over $8,000 was contributed to the Manningham Charitable Fund.
To view winners manningham.vic.gov.au/monster-community-raffle