5 May 2016
Manningham Council has developed a draft management plan to guide the future use, development and management of Koonung Park in Bulleen and is seeking comments from the community.
Koonung Park is located on Furneaux Grove in Bulleen, adjacent to Koonung Creek Linear Park, and includes a sportsground, which is used for cricket and football, three community tennis courts, Koonarra Hall (for hire), a playground and outdoor exercise equipment. It also includes a sports pavilion, carpark and public toilets.
The draft management plan has been based on feedback received following consultation with user groups and the community during 2015.
Key actions proposed through the draft management plan include:
- New landscaping and planting throughout the park
- Creating new paths to improve access to community facilities
- Installing three new synthetic cricket training nets that are enclosed, lockable and available for club use only, plus one training net that is accessible to the community
- Installing cyclone mesh fencing around the sportsground
- Installing protective netting behind northern goals (near the carpark)
- Providing options for the management of the community tennis courts
- Improvements to the carpark
- An upgrade to the playground.
Feedback about the draft plan will help inform the final management plan for Koonung Park.
Community members are invited to have their say on the draft Koonung Park Management Plan. Submissions must be made in writing, either:
- Online at www.yoursaymanningham.com.au/koonung-park
- By mail to Vivien Williamson, Manager Economic and Environmental Planning, PO Box 1, Doncaster VIC 3108
Submissions close on Monday 6 June 2016.
For more information, visit www.yoursaymanningham.com.au/koonung-park