Neighbourhood Houses, Learning and Activity Centres encourage members of the community to participate in local activities, learning and education, and play an important part in strengthening local communities. There are five Neighourhood Houses in Manningham, which Council supports through the provision of funding and facilities.
These five Neighbourhood Houses are managed by voluntary community-based committees of management, who are responsible for the overal operation of each centre. Neighbourhood Houses employ professionally trained staff and tutors as well as experienced volunteers.
Courses at Neighbourhood Houses can include:
- Strength, fitness and wellbeing classes
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, Pilates
- Computer and technology courses
- Art, craft, music and language classes, including English classes
- Adult education courses
- Certificate courses
- VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning)
- VET (Vocational Education and Training)
- Children's courses and playgroups
- Personal development, and
- Social and support groups.
Several centres also have a registered childcare centre.
The five Neighbourhood Houses are:
Park Orchards Community House and Learning Centre Inc
572 Park Road, Park Orchards 3114
For detailed information about the courses and programs offered by Manningham's five Neighourhood Houses, please visit their websites.