We’re seeking personal war stories about any aspect of war that you, a friend, family member or ancestor may have experienced.
Stories can be about any war or conflict globally and they will be shared to help illustrate the human impact and experiences of war.
Fitting stories will be featured on new commemorative soundposts at the Doncaster RSL and the Doncaster East Avenue of Honour.
Stories can be from a wide range of perspectives including:
- service people in the armed forces (solider, sailor, pilot etc.)
- nurse or doctor who served during a war
- people who migrated to Australia to escape war or conflict
- people who may have been detained during a war
- those who stayed at home when soldiers left for war
- war love stories
- resistance fighters
- those unofficially recognised in their service to the armed forces.
The installation of commemorative soundposts has been made possible because of funding from Manningham Council and a grant from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
How to submit your story:
Expressions of interest close 5.00 pm on Monday 11 November 2019.
Successful applicants must be comfortable having their story recorded and played on soundposts in public locations.
For more information, please contact:
Phone: 03 9840 9333
Mail: Barbara Ozga, Manningham City Council, PO Box 1, Doncaster, Vic, 3108