We were pleased to receive over 60 responses to our first round of consultation for the Donvale Reserve playspace upgrade.
In 2023, we’re upgrading the playspace and installing a new fitness hub at Donvale Reserve, as part of the Parks Improvement Program.
Our first community survey was open throughout March, asking participants to share what they like about the current space, as well as what could be improved.
This feedback is critical for us to ensure that the upgrade will be valuable for the community. We're now using these responses to develop a concept plan for the playspace.
Here's a summary of the feedback we received.
The strengths of the playspace include its:
- surrounding open space for play and various activities
- nearby park facilities (paths, seating, public toilets, BBQ, car parking)
- surrounding nature (trees, shade, ambience)
- nearby sporting oval, basketball, and netball courts
- playground equipment
- closeness to local residents
- the view from the playspace
Your suggestions for improving the playspace included:
- a new outdoor fitness hub that is integrated with the playspace
- a larger playspace with more diverse play equipment
- more challenging play equipment
- maintaining space between the play area and nearby residences
- more shade (artificial and natural shade)
- more seating areas
Basketball and netball courts
We received some requests to upgrade the existing basketball and netball court facilities, but as stated in the FAQ, court upgrades are not included within the scope of this project. However, we have passed this feedback on to our recreation team.
We received some recommendations to include a waterplay area, but due to the constraints of the site and the project budget, this will not be explored.
We'll seek further community feedback about the concept plan, later in May 2023. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the project, please refer to our FAQ section or contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 9840 9333.