Welcome to Pettys Reserve Upgrade
We are working to improve Pettys Reserve. The new facility will be a new sporting hub with accessibility to all ages, genders and abilities.
Works to improve the recreation and soccer facilities at Pettys Reserve are now underway. This major upgrade will include synthetic soccer pitches with floodlights, a pavilion including modular change rooms and multipurpose room, public restrooms, a spectator area, an asphalt car park, a new playground and landscaping. Learn more about the works via our project timeline.
The Pettys Reserve Redevelopment is being implemented by Manningham City Council in partnership with the Victorian Government and in accordance with the endorsed Pettys Reserve Development Plan.
- The works will start in May 2020 and the upgrade is anticipated to be complete in mid-2021.
- Key stakeholders including Football Victoria (State Sporting Association) and Sport and Recreation Victoria (State Government) have provided guidance in the design in line with relevant industry standards.
- The new facilities will be will be open for community use outside of allocated times and will not be home to any one club but will provide a venue for training and overflow competition games.
- The facility is designed as a shared facility for all Manningham soccer clubs and schools.
- The sports field floodlighting will be used predominantly for training from Monday to Friday and that training may be allocated until 9.30pm.
- The sports pavilion is to compliment the use of the sports fields and will only be used for the purposes of training or match play activities.
- All use of the pavilion will be in accordance with our Conditions of use policy. Find out more Pettys Reserve Development Plan frequently asked questions (788.88 KB)
What we have achieved
In 2010 and 2011 we completed stage one of works. This comprised earthworks for two grass soccer pitches, construction of temporary crushed rock car park and installation of protective netting behind the goals. Screen planting on residential fence lines was also carried out. Car park access was provided from Smiths Road, near the corner of Reynolds Road.
What we are working on
From early May to mid-2021 stage two works will include: the installation of synthetic turf on two soccer pitches with new floodlights, a sports pavilion which will include modern modular change rooms and a multipurpose room, an upgrade to the public toilet facilities, a new spectator area, an asphalt sealed car park, a small new playground and new greenery that will be landscaped around the reserve for privacy.
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan (1.53 MB)
- Eastern Region Soccer Strategy (1.93 MB)
- Football Victoria State Football Facilities Strategy 2018 (27.32 MB)
- Active for Life Recreation Strategy 2010 - 2025 (1.79 MB)
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan frequently asked questions (788.88 KB)
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan community update April 2020 (672.4 KB)