Pettys Reserve upgrade
The upgrade to Pettys Reserve is an exciting project undertaken by Manningham council in partnership with the Victorian Government. The Reserve was identified as a location to meet the growing need for additional soccer facilities to support increased participation in the sport.
The aim of the upgrade is to improve and extend existing facilities to meet current and future needs of the sport and become a new sporting hub for the community.
Petty’s Reserve is not currently open to the public.
- It is an active construction site with large trucks transporting materials and the use of heavy equipment and machinery on site.
- It poses safety risks for anyone not authorised to be on site.
- Use of the unfinished soccer pitch may lead to damage and delay Pettys Reserve opening to the public.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
The health and safety of our community and our workers is our top priority but everyone has a role to play in keeping our community safe.
What determined the need for the upgrade?
Pettys Reserve was highlighted by Football Victoria and the Victorian Government as a location for additional soccer facilities to respond to an increased demand for the sport. Community consultation on the upgrade plan was conducted in 2010 and 2011 and endorsed by Council in 2011.
What will the upgrade include?
- Installation of synthetic playing surfaces on two full sized soccer pitches
- 8 metre protective netting behind soccer goals to contain soccer balls
- Environmentally sustainable LED sports field floodlights
- A new pavilion with modular change rooms, unisex facilities plus a multipurpose space
- Public facilities with two unisex restrooms
- A new playground
- An asphalt car park for 130 car spaces, plus an area for a further 60 car spaces
- Extensive landscaping within the reserve.
What surface are the sports fields?
The sports field surfaces will consist of synthetic grass with rubber shock pad underlay.
What is the construction period for the upgrade?
Construction is scheduled to commence in May 2020 and is anticipated to be completed November 2021.
Will facilities be available to the general community?
Yes, facilities will be available for community use outside of allocated times.
Will facilities be home to one sporting club?
No, the facilities are designed to be shared by all Manningham soccer clubs and schools and provide a venue for training and overflow competition games.
At what times will sports field floodlights be used?
It is anticipated that sports floodlights will be used during training Monday to Friday until 9.30pm.
At what times will the sports pavilion be available?
The sports pavilion will be available during training and/or match play activities and in accordance with our Conditions of Pavilion and Ground Use Policy (4.38 MB).
Is alcohol permitted?
Sports clubs are not permitted to BYO alcohol at sporting activities and must adhere to strict regulations. Alcohol is only permitted in accordance with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan (1.53 MB)
- Eastern Region Soccer Strategy (1.93 MB)
- Football Victoria State Football Facilities Strategy 2018 (27.32 MB)
- Active for Life Recreation Strategy 2010 - 2025 (1.79 MB)
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan frequently asked questions (788.88 KB)
- Pettys Reserve Development Plan community update April 2020 (672.4 KB)