This year we are celebrating women through a series of videos which honour women in our community with powerful stories to tell.
Five pairs of women were invited to share their stories; reflecting upon their journeys, achievements and hopes for the future.
This series will be released throughout the year in four parts.
Part Four - #16Days: Powerful Stories
Part Three - Women Inspiring Business
Part Two - Mother's Day Morning Tea - second video launch
Part One - International Women's Day
Please call 000 if you need immediate Police help and are in danger.
Who are the women in these videos?
Christina and her daughter
- Mother of two. Professional business woman. Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Community Ambassador; Mental Health Foundation Australia, Rotary Club of Manningham, Cooking for Charity.
- Mantra - "If you can dream it, you can achieve it."
Julie OAM and her mother
- Mother, grandmother, daughter and business owner.
- President of the Warrandyte Business Association and member of the ‘Be Ready Warrandyte’ Committee.
- Just a regular woman trying to make a difference towards a better world for her family.
Fareha and her daughter
- Proud Aussie. Proud Muslim. Mum of Three
- Embryologist (IVF Scientist by profession)
- Community Advocate for Muslim Mums, Youth and Children
- Community ambassador for the United Muslim Migrants Association
- Mantra - "Be sharing, caring and united."
Nitika and her daughter
- Mother of two children
- Psychologist – Director of Clincial Services Doncare - responsible for counselling and therapeutic services and family violence support services
- Author of two therapeutic books
- Mantra - "There are always more choices open to us than we can see."
Lily and her friend/mentor, Lara
- Mother of four children
- Friend to many
- Activist and advocate
- Consumer Advisor to Doncare
- Mantra - "I want and intend to be part of the change that I want to see."