There are a number of facilities where you can take items for recycling for free.
Many items can be recycled and made into new products - check which items you should avoid putting into your garbage bins so that they don't under up in landfill.
If you're unsure about disposing of a certain item, refer to our A-Z waste and recycling guide.
The following facilities in and around Manningham accept a range of products for recycling at no charge:
Manningham Council Depot
Address: 620-628 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East
Phone: 9840 9333
- Mobile Phones
- Fluorescent Tubes and Globes
Banyule Waste Recovery Centre
Address: Corner of Waterdale Road and Banksia Street, Bellfield
Phone: 9490 4222
- Glass bottles and jars
- Steel and aluminium cans
- Plastic containers (Codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
- Paper and cardboard (non-commercial)
- Motor oil (up to 10 litres)
- Paint (up to 40 litres and maximum 5 tins)
- Gas cylinders
- Fluorescent lights
- Juice and milk cartons
For more information, please visit Banyule Waste Recovery Centre.
Whitehorse Recycling and Waste Centre
Address: Burwood Highway (opposite Morack Road), Vermont South
Phone: 9262 6236
- Paper and cardboard (books and magazines)
- Batteries (domestic and car batteries)
- Engine oil (up to five litres)
- Cooking oil (up to 20 litres)
- Fluorescent tubes (non commercial)
- Glass bottles/jars (clear and coloured)
- Aluminium (cans, pots, pans, window frames)
- Steel (whitegoods, guttering, roofing, bikes and appliances)
- Other metals (copper, brass, stainless steel)
- Electronic waste (only certain items)
For more information, please visit Whitehorse Recycling and Waste Centre.
Alternatively, visit the Recycling Near You website for a comprehensive online resource to find recycling locations in and around Melbourne.