18 March 2020:
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services is providing updates on the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation. Travel restrictions are in place for visitors from China and Iran who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents. The current Australian Government advice is to not travel to China and Iran, to reconsider your need to travel to South Korea, and exercise a high degree of caution if travelling to Japan, Italy and Mongolia.
If you suspect you may have the COVID-19, please call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
A number of screening clinics have been established.
For more information and the latest updates, visit dhhs.vic.gov.au/novelcoronavirus
Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
Call this line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please refer to the Department’s resources on how to protect against the spread of disease:
For more information on novel coronavirus, view the Department of Health and Human Service's resources:
- Novel coronavirus COVID-19 advice for Victorian poster
- Novel coronavirus COVID-19 fact sheet for Victorians
- Mythbusting - novel coronavirus (Better Health Channel website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission reduction measures
View in Simplified Chinese:
- Simplified Chinese – Novel coronavirus COVID-19 advice for Victorians poster
- Simplified Chinese – Novel coronavirus COVID-19 fact sheet for Victorians
Coronavirus Animation Explainer Videos
Originally published 29 January 2020
[Updated 14 February 2020 with links to advice in Chinese]
[Updated 4 March 2020 with travel advice]
[Updated 12 March 2020 with advice about travel and screening clinics]
[Updated 18 March 2020 with advice link to advice on transmission reduction measures]
[Updated 19 March 2020 with Coronavirus animation explainer videos]