Registering a new Prescribed Accommodation

If you provide accommodation such as a hotel, student accommodation or a rooming house, you are required to register as a Prescribed Accommodation premises under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act and Regulations.

Please refer to the following links for information on floor plan approvals and compliance with current health standards.

Transferring a Prescribed Accommodation Premises to a new Proprietor

If you are taking over or buying an existing prescribed accommodation, we recommend you request for a Pre-Sale Inspection.  We will conduct an inspection to check that the business is structurally sound and compliant with the Act and Regulations. 

To request for a Pre-Sale Inspection, complete the 

For more information concerning a new or transferring business, please call our Environmental Health Unit on 9840 9333.

Prescribed accommodation fees and charges

For our current fees and charges for all prescribed accommodation services, please download our Icon for application/pdf Fees and charges health and beauty business (140.87 KB)