If you provide accommodation such as a hotel, student accommodation or a rooming house, you are required to register as a Prescribed Accommodation premises under the Act.
Please refer to the following links for information on plan approvals and compliance with current health standards.
- Pre-Approval Form - Prescribed Accommodation Premises (303.71 KB)
- Rooming House Fact Sheet (93.17 KB)
Transferring a Prescribed Accommodation Premises to a new Proprietor
Before a Prescribed Accommodation Premises can be transferred into a new proprietorship, you must initially obtain consent from the current proprietor to enable the disclosure of information relevant to the premises.
- Download and complete the Transfer Inpsection Consent Form - Prescribed Accommodation (473.08 KB)
- Obtain consent from the current proprietor to enable the disclosure of information relevant to the business
- Request a Transfer Inspection to be carried out to identify any structural works required and to ensure compliance with the Prescribed Accommodation regulations
- Pay the required Transfer Inspection Report fee outlined in the table above
- Sign and return the Transfer of Registration application form with relevant fee (this will be provided to you by Council)
Return the completed consent form and relevant fee to Approvals and Compliance, Manningham Council, PO Box 1, Doncaster 3108. An inspection report will normally be completed within five working days once an application has been received.
Should you require an inspection report within three days an additional 50 per cent fee will apply.
An Environmental Health Officer can assist you with your enquiries concerning a specific business. For more information call the Environmental Health team on 9840 9333.