2 July 2021
Manningham Council’s road maps for the future, outlined in the Council Plan 2021-2025 and the 10 Year Financial Plan were endorsed at the Ordinary Council Meeting this week and are now available for final comment.
Manningham Mayor Cr Andrew Conlon said all the Councillors were proud to have developed these plans with the community.
“These plans will ensure that Council provides for the community today, and more importantly, plans for the future.”
“It was great to have our community panel contribute their thoughts and aspirations for our community to help us develop these plans,” Cr Conlon said.
The Council Plan 2021-2025 outlines the priorities and goals for Manningham, why they are important and the actions we will take to deliver better outcomes for the community.
The 10 Year Financial Plan ensures we deliver on the Council Plan and build a financially sustainable organisation.
Highlights of the 10 Year Financial Plan:
- $1.52 billion on service delivery
- $0.54 billion Capital Works Program - which is an average of $54 million per annum over the next 10 years - a significant increase on the previous average of $40 million per annum in the previous four years
- Increased ongoing funding for footpaths, drains and trees
- Establish a new 'Strategic Fund' to provide long-term community benefit and ensure ongoing financial sustainability. This will enable Council to invest in the development of major community infrastructure such as libraries, community hubs and recreation facilities. For example, this will include $20 million over the next four years for the construction of major community facilities.
- $44 million for the development of major community facilities
- $9 million for waste initiatives
- $18 million to acquire land to create more parks, playspaces and open space
- $47 million to maintain and improve our parks, playspaces and open space
- $5 million for strategic property acquisitions
The community now has the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the strengths of the plans, or let us know if we have missed anything.
You can view and provide feedback on these documents:
- Council Plan 2021-2025 – yoursay.manningham.vic.gov.au/councilplan2021
- 10 Year Financial Plan – yoursay.manningham.vic.gov.au/10yearplan
Feedback is open until Wednesday 14 July.