Walking is one of Manningham's most popular recreation activities. Your age, pace, whether you're on your own or in a group, heading somewhere or nowhere in particular, doesn't matter. You can walk anywhere at any time.
- It keeps you active
- It's free
- It's social
- Other than a pair of shoes, no special equipment is required
- It's sustainable commuting - You travel from one place to another without causing pollution
- It's the best value form of exercise for the prevention (and cure) of many major health problems, including obesity, diabetes and cardio-vascular disease.
For more information, visit the Victoria Walks "WhyWalk" webpage.
- Social interaction with a group increases enjoyment
- There is extra encouragement when walking in a group to participate in physical activity
- You are more likely to commit to regular walking, knowing you are part of a group
View a list of walking groups in Manningham.