Warrandyte River Reserve
Yarra Street, Warrandyte
Warrandyte River Reserve is a great place to explore with many activities and places of interest to enjoy. Fishing, swimming, paddling, local history, walking, picnics and barbecues are all popular at Warrandyte.
The fenced Federation playspace gives the nod to Warrandyte's gold rush past with delightful gold train and trailer, a mineshaft (slide) and tunnels. Set on the picturesque banks of the Yarra River and just a stone’s throw from the Warrandyte Bakery, this playground is a winner with both children and families.
The shade sail and picnic shelter make this playground an option for all year round picnics and outdoor play
More special activities and attractions to enjoy
- Taffy Jones Ruin
- Firewise garden display demonstrates how home gardens can be designed to reduce the potential impacts of bushfire
- There is a special swing that caters for children with limited leg movement by enabling them to swing using their arms. The swing seat is large enough for adults.
- Warrandyte Bakery is next door and other cafes are located on Yarra Street
- Picnic or barbecue along the river at Lions park, Stiggants Reserve or next to the Old Post Office Museum
- Warrandyte Riverside Market
Enjoy one of the many walks in Warrandyte:
Off the beaten track with Building in the Warrandyte Style - Historic Warrandyte Architectural Walking Guide
Getting there and car parking
There are lots of car parks along Yarra Street and at the nearby attractions and facilities. You can park the car at any of the places below:
- The Bridge (East of Yarra Street Bridge) - canoe launch and toilets
- Lions Park - Federation Playspace and toilets
- Webb Street - bus stop
- The Diary Tree - picnic area
- Gospel - toilets and bus stop
- Stiggant Street - Stiggants Reserve playground, barbecue and picnic area
Catching the bus? The buses that visit the area are:
- 906 - City to Warrandyte SmartBus service
- Bus routes 364, 578, 579
Bring your dog
Bring your dog - this is an off lead location. Please put your dog on a lead within 15 metres of the playground, BBQ area or where a sporting or community event is in progress. For the safety of children, the Federation playground is a dog free zone.