We have prepared guidelines to assist developers and designers in preparing Waste Management Plans for residential developments.
The multi-unit development guidelines aim to:
- provide developers with general information regarding waste collection for residential developments
- highlight the essential issues related to waste management that need to be considered when designing a residential development
- specify the unique requirements for particular types of development
- detail the minimum requirements in provision of waste management services which are functional, safe and sustainable.
The guidelines apply to residential developments and include the provision of services to:
- single and/or double storey dwellings, either attached or no
- low rise residential developments of two to three storeys
- high rise residential developments of between four to seven storeys
- high rise residential developments with greater than seven storeys.
For more information, call Council's Waste Management Team on 9846 0579.