On this page
Manningham Council has a strong commitment to the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
Respect Victoria’s ‘Respect Women: Call it out’ campaign reminds us that everyone has a role to play in preventing family violence and calling out sexism, sexual harassment and disrespect towards women.
To support councils, the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) coordinated the ‘Respect Women: Call It Out’ campaign during the 16 Days of Activism 2020 initiative. Manningham Council and partners delivered a range of internal and external initiatives during this campaign to raise awareness about how to call out disrespect, sexism and gender based violence.
Issues such as family violence, drugs and alcohol, gambling, mental health and homelessness can impact anyone, at any time in their lives, and these issues can often be linked. It’s important to note that whilst some of these issues can be a contributing factor to family violence, it is not the cause. There is no excuse for any type of violence. A person’s experience can be complex. Whilst most support services are inclusive, sometimes a person may feel more comfortable contacting a service tailored to their needs and background.
Manningham Council has developed a new resource with funds received via the 16 Days of Activism Grant - the Manningham Wellbeing Support Card. The card includes key contacts for family violence, drugs and alcohol, gambling, mental health and homelessness support services.
Manningham Council would like to thank members of its Gender Equity Working Group for assisting us with the development of this card, as well as Respect Victoria for funding this valuable initiative.
Support is available, you can access the following resources:
- Emergency Accommodation - 1800 825 955
24/7 state-wide support, speak with a housing and support worker.
- Wesley Mission - Ringwood - 8870 4000
Homelessness & Support Services emergency accommodation, housing advice and support.
- Community Housing LTD - 9856 0050 or 1300 245 468
Provide a range of services for people who are homeless or are at risk.
- SalvoCare Eastern Regional - 9853 5680
Assists people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
24/7 crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Beyondblue - 1300 224 636
Phone and online support available.
- Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800
24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
- MensLine Australia - 1300 789 978
Pone and online support and information available.
- Parentline - 13 22 89
Counselling service for parents and carers of children.
- Headspace - 1800 650 890
Youth mental health service.
- Steps Mental Health - 1800 378 377
Mental health services for the Inner East and Outer East of Melbourne.
- NEAMI - 9890 9248
Mental health and wellbeing services and programs.
- Access, Health and Community - 9810 3000
Provide a range of mental health and well-being services.
- Eastern Health - 1300 721 927
24/7 phone line to support you as well as carers and health professionals.
- Butterfly Foundation - 1800 33 4673
Eating disorders or body image issues.
- Wellways - 1300 111 400
NDIS provider mental health and disability support and services.
- EACH - 1300 00 3224
Supports people of all ages with, or at risk of developing a mental illness.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria - 9853 8089
Information, support groups and resources.
- QLife - 1800 184 527
Provides anonymous and free LGBTIQA+ peer support and referrals.
- Directline - 1800 888 236
Confidential alcohol and drug counselling and referral.
- Inner East Central Intake Service - 1800 778 278
Provides a coordinated link to treatment in the Eastern Region.
- Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service (ECADS) - 1800 888 236
Free drug and alcohol program provides individual counselling for alcohol and drug dependence.
- Access, Health and Community - 9810 3000
Drug and alcohol counselling, includes support for prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Thorne Harbour Health - 9865 6700
Counselling service and treatment programs for LGBTIQA+ community.
- Medication Support and Recovery Service - 1800 931 101
Treatment service for people who misuse prescription and over the counter medications.
- SalvoCare Eastern Care and Recovery - 1800 888 236
Provide a range of support and recovery services.
- Gamblers Help - 1800 858 858
24/7 free and confidential services.
- Safe Steps Response Centre - 1800 015 188
Victoria’s 24/7 family violence response centre.
- The Orange Door - 1800 319 355
Supports adults, children and young people.
- 1800 RESPECT - 1800 737 732
Australia’s 24/7 counselling and information support related to family violence.
- EDVOS - 9259 4200
Specialist family violence support Eastern Metropolitan Region.
- Doncare Community Services - 9856 1500
Counselling and crisis support for women and children.
- Eastern Community Legal Centre - 1300 32 52 00
Free legal advice family violence and elder abuse.
- Eastern Centre against Sexual Assault (ECASA) - 9870 7330
Free counselling and support service for people who have experienced sexual assault.
- WithRespect - 1800 542 847
LGBTIQA+ family violence service.
- Victims of Crime Helpline - 1800 819 817
Free service offering information, advice and referrals to help victims to manage and recover.
- InTouch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence - 1800 755 988
Specialist family violence service that supports women from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
- Migrant Information Centre (MIC) - 9285 4888
Counselling and group programs.
- Boorndawan William Aboriginal Healing Service - 9212 0200
Specialist Aboriginal family violence service.
- Child Protection - 1300 369 536
Services to protect children and young people from harm caused by abuse or neglect within the family.
- WIRE - 1300 134 130
Free support and referral service for women, non-binary and gender-diverse people.
- Child First and Family Services - 1300 762 125
Children, young people and families needing support.
- Kids Helpline - 1800 55 1800
Free confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
- Men’s Helpline - 1300 789 978
Free 24/7 support, referrals and counselling services for men via telephone, online and video.
- Men’s Referral Service - 1300 766 491
Family violence telephone counselling, information and referral service for men.
- Blue Knot Foundation - 1300 657 380
Adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse.
- Victoria Police
For other services and resources, please visit Be kind to yourself.