On this page
Our community is feeling the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and its effects on many aspects of our daily lives. We are acutely aware of the effect the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation is having on our community and that these impacts will continue to evolve.
The Community Activation and Social Isolation (CASI) initiative helps people build social connections and support networks in their local communities during COVID-19. Manningham Council is managing this program for our community and partnering with community organisations to provide on-the-ground support.
In these unprecedented and challenging times, one thing we can do is band together as a community and show a little kindness to ourselves and to each other.
Let us introduce you to Be Kind Manningham, an initiative to encourage everyone in our community to continue to be kind to others, be kind to those most in need at this time, and be kind to yourself.
Visit our Be Kind page to find out more.
We are acutely aware of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the impact this may have on your ability to make payment for your council rates at this time.
If you are experiencing genuine financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 you can apply for a special payment arrangement with us.
Visit our Financial Hardship page to find out more.
Residents in the Manningham community experiencing temporary financial hardship may be eligible for a utility relief grant to help pay an overdue mains electricity, gas or water bill. The grant is up to $650 on each utility type in a two-year period. Visit the DHHS website for further information and to apply.
- دعم Manningham خلال COVID-19 (316.78 KB)
- Η Στήριξη του Manningham εν μέσω του COVID-19 (314.27 KB)
- Il sostegno di Manningham durante COVID-19 (264.97 KB)
- حمایت از مانینگهام در طول کووید 19 (310.69 KB)
- 在新冠肺炎（ COVID-19）疫情期间支持曼宁汉姆（Manningham）市的工作 (354.83 KB)
- 支援 Manningham過渡冠狀病毒時期 (353.75 KB)
The State Government and Federal Government have a range of support packages available to individuals during this time.
- The State Government has support for Victorians self-isolating with no access to food and essential supplies
- The Federal Government has support available to those affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) via Services Australia
The Victorian Government also has a support package for Victorian workers impacted by COVID-19.
NDIS participants and providers can access support and resources via the NDIS website.
Australian Red Cross is providing a small one-off emergency relief payment to people who are on temporary visas, who have no way to support themselves and have urgent needs.
Visit their website to find out how to access support.
Doncare delivers a wide range of support services and programs to help families, the aged, youth and disadvantaged within our community. Their main services include:
- Information and emergency relief
- Family services
- Family violence prevention and recovery
- Social support for seniors
Additional support is available during this time, you can access the following resources:
Looking after your mental health
- Visit the Australian Government's Head to Health website
- Visit the Beyond Blue website
- Visit the Council of Intellectual Disability website (for mental health resources in easy English)
Family violence support
- Call 1800 RESPECT (24 hours / 7 days a week)
- safe steps Family Violence Response Centre 1800 015 188
- If you are in immediate danger please call 000
Crisis support and suicide prevention
- Visit the Lifeline website
- Phone: 13 11 14 (24 hours / 7 days)
- Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6.00pm to midnight, AEDT)
- Chat online (7.00pm to midnight)
Support for the LGBTQIA+ community
- Visit Thorne Harbour Health