Wiser Walker Wiser Traveller
Wiser Walker, Wiser Traveller is a free educational program that provides information on transport options and support services to help seniors remain mobile, confident, safe and connected within their community.
Topics covered include:
- Walking, cycling, taxis, community transport, motorised mobility scooters and public transport options
- Pedestrian safety rules
- Choosing the correct travel tickets
- Discount travel passes
- Confident taxi use, fares and discount taxi programs
- Safety tips for using public transport
- Support services offered in the Melbourne CBD and your local area
- Developing safe travel routes and mobility maps
- Travel planning
- Useful contacts and websites
The course runs over three weeks on Thursdays in March.
- 10.00am to 12.30pm 12 March 2020
- 10.00am to 12.30pm 19 March 2020
- 10.00am to 12.30pm 26 March 2020
Morning tea will be provided.
Bookings are essential. Please call 9846 0537 to reserve your spot.
- Hawthorn Community Education Centre
- Community Road Safety Group
- State Government Victoria