On this page
The general rates for 2021/2022 will be raised by a uniform rate, that means that all properties pay the same rate in the dollar regardless of their use or type of property.
Individual property rates are levied by multiplying the Capital Improved Value (CIV) of each property by the rate in the dollar. For 2021/2022, Council has declared a rate in the dollar of $0.00171312.
The formula for calculating General Rates:
General Rates = Valuation x Rate in the dollar
For a property where the Capital Improved Value is $1,041,271 the calculations would be:
|Capital Improved Value (average property)||$1,041,271|
|General Rate Levy||$0.00171312|
$1,041,271 x $0.00171312 = $1,783.80
In addition to the above General Rate Levy, your rates notice will also show:
- Waste Services Charge
- State Government Fire Services Property Levy, and
- Any overdue rates (arrears) from previous years.
To help you understand your rates notice, we've put together a sample rates notice.
This example has been prepared as a guide only, the information and figures may not be a true reflection of a current rates notice.
- Rating year: The period relating to this notice, effective from 1 July to 30 June each year.
- Property ID: Council’s identification of your property. Please have this handy when making enquiries regarding your Rates.
- Amount due and due date: Provides the first instalment amount with the due date. If you are on Direct Debit, or have an arrangement with Council, this will be noted in this section. If you are on Direct Debit, Council will debit your payment.
- Electronic Notices: Register to receive your Notices directly to your email inbox. Use this reference number to register at: manningham.enotices.com.au
- Property location details: This section has your property address, title particulars and the Australian Valuation Property Classification Code (AVPCC). The AVPCC is assigned to your property according to the use of your land.
- Property Valuation Details:
- Capital Improve Value (CIV) – The total market value of the property including land, buildings and other improvements. This is used in Manningham to calculate rates.
- Site Value (SV) – The Site Value is the value of the land only, assuming any improvements had never existed. This is used by the State Revenue Office to calculate Land Tax.
- Net Annual Value – For residential properties this is 5% of the CIV, and for non-residential properties it is the greater of the annual rental value or 5% of the CIV.
- Level of Value Date – This is the date that the property was assessed and valued at.
- Valuation Effective Date – This is the date that the Valuation has been used to calculate the Rates.
- Details of rates and charges:
- General Rate – Rate in the dollar is 0.00171312 cents, this is then multiplied by the CIV to get the Rates amount.
- Standard Waste charge – Waste service charge for a Standard residential property.
- Fire Services Levy – State Government charges collected by Council. This levy is made up of a fixed charge and a variable charge which is calculated on the CIV.
- Pension Rebate/Low Income Health Care Card Reduction – If you are receiving a rebate, it will appear in this section of the notice. If you are eligible for a rebate and it is not showing on the notice, you will need to apply for the rebate.
- Total Amount Due: This is the total amount due on your account (including any arrears). If you have any arrears, please pay the arrears amount immediately.
- Payments/Changes message: If you have made any changes or payments you made were received by Council after this date, they may not be shown on this notice.
- Instalment Payments: Your rates and charges amount due in instalments by the respective dates.
- Four Instalments – Payment of the 1st instalment must be received by 30 September. Council do not provide the option to pay in full in February. Late payments will incur interest charges.
- Ten Instalments – Only available via Direct Debit