Hard rubbish (waste) collections provide you with the opportunity to dispose of unwanted household items that cannot be placed into your garbage bin or recycle bin. The hard rubbish collection is only available to residents with a Council bin collection service.
How to book a hard rubbish (waste) collection:
Each year, residents can choose to have either:
- Two household hard rubbish (waste) collections, or
- Two household bundled garden waste (branches) collections, or
- A combination of one hard rubbish (waste) collection and one bundled garden waste (branches) collection.
Please follow these steps when preparing to book:
- Check that your items can be collected
- Bookings must be made before you place items on the nature strip
- Please place items on the nature strip on the day advised by Council
- Each collection must not exceed two cubic metres (2 x 1 x 1 metres)
- Items must be able to be lifted by two people
- No dismantled furniture, joinery or cabinetry will be accepted
- Bookings close at 5.00 pm each Wednesday for the following week’s collection
- Cancellations must be received by Monday 10.00 am.
Book a Hard Rubbish Collection
Please complete the Book a Hard Rubbish Collection form or contact Council on 9840 9333. Any bookings made online will receive a confirmation within one business day.
Items that can be collected
Hot water service
Small tools and car parts
White goods including fridges (doors removed),
Empty pain tins with lids removed
Car tyres (limit of four)
Carpet (max two rolls) rolled and tied, no longer than 1.5 metres long
Please note that any glass items, such as shower screens, glass top tables or windows, must be securely wrapped and marked as glass.
Items that can't be collected
No hazardous material
No household garbage, food waste or recyclables
No leaves, grass, weeds, dirt or stones
No building rubble or construction material
No chemicals or liquids (including paint or oil)
No car springs, 4WD or truck tyres
No batteries (of any kind)
No large logs, stumps or timber off cuts
No gas bottles
No dismantled furniture, joinery
No more than two rolls of carpet