Metro Access is a key initiative of the Victorian State Disability Plan 2013-2016 in partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and local government.
Metro Access Objectives:
- To mobilise and support people with a disability to optimise participation in the life of their local community.
- To build and strengthen the community’s capacity to provide support to people with a disability and their families.
- To facilitate integrated local planning and coordination which engages and involves people with a disability and their families, disability service providers and community organisations.
- To work with existing disability service providers to enhance their capacity to provide relevant and appropriate supports in the community.
- To improve access to information about relevant services and community activities available to people with a disability in their communities.
Metro Access Initiatives
Manningham Council believes in the principle that every individual should have the opportunity to participate equally in society. We strive for an inclusive Manningham where people with a disability can participate fully in community life. Participation in employment, freedom from violence, access to information and support for individuals and families to prepare for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) are the current prirorities for our Community Building Plan.
Disability Services for Manningham (2012)
Manningham Council's Disability Services for Manningham is a resource for people with disabilities and their carers. The guide provides specific information on disability and support services available to residents in Manningham. Download the Disability Services in Manningham (2.53 MB)
Manningham has a range of publications to inform the community on what's happening in your local area:
- Invigorate is Manningham's new health and lifestyle magazine with all the latest news on sport and recreation, health and community well-being across the municipality.
- Manningham Matters is the official newsletter of Manningham City Council.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Every Australian Counts
- The Eastern Region Respite Resource Guide provides a comprehensive list of respite services for people with a disability living with a primary carer who provides unpaid support in the eastern region of Melbourne.
Contributions from those who are interested in disability services and initiatives within Manningham are welcome. Manningham community members who have a disability are also invited to share their experiences to better inform Council policy and practice.