Thanks for your interest in working with us! We want to help you create a great application.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter (including Key Selection Criteria) or
- Key Selection Criteria
When are the closing dates?
Applications close at 5pm (AEDT) on the closing date unless otherwise stated. After this time you will be unable to submit an application online. We are unable to accept late applications.
How to apply
We only accept applications online. To start the process see below:
- View the vacancies available
- Select the position you wish to apply for (you will be directed to our recruitment system).
- Read the role overview
- Select 'Apply now'
- Complete the application form and add any supporting documentation
- Select 'Submit'.
We only accept applications made through our online recruitment system. Unfortunately, we can't accept applications by email.
Need help using the system? Contact us
What happens after you apply?
Our recruitment process aims to give you an equal opportunity to show your suitability for a position. We have an objective and comprehensive selection process and all appointments are based on merit.
Your application follows this process after you apply:
- Application is submitted and an acknowledgement email is sent.
- After the closing date, the hiring manager reviews all applications.
- Short listed applicants are contacted, which may include a phone interview.
- Short listed candidates will be interviewed by a panel of three council officers (staff members).
- Pre-employment screening is undertaken, which includes:
· reference checking
· National Criminal History Check (Police Check)
· VEVO/Work Right Check
· psychometric testing (for selected positions)
· pre-employment medical (for selected positions)
· Working With Children Check (for selected positions)
· proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Qualification and/or professional Registration check (for applicable roles).
- Unsuccessful applicants are contacted (usually by email).