Why do you need to register your business?
In Victoria, you need to register the following with your local council:
- any health or beauty business.
We check that your business meets the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and standards to reduce the risk of certain infections.
What is a health or beauty business?
Any home based or commercial business that includes these services is considered a health or beauty business:
- hairdressing and make-up, spray tanning
- all beauty therapy services (i.e. waxing, manicure or pedicure, microdermabrasion)
- colonic irrigation
- skin penetration (i.e. ear-piercing, needling, micro-blading, feathering or electrolysis)
- tattooing and cosmetic tattooing.