Why do you need to register your business?
In Victoria, you need to register the following with your local council:
- any health or beauty business.
We check that your business aligns with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and any other health and wellbeing standards to ensure that you minimise this risk of your clients contracting certain infectious diseases.
What is a health or beauty business?
Any home based or commercial business that includes these services is considered a health or beauty business:
- hairdressing and make-up, spray tanning
- all beauty therapy services (i.e. waxing, manicure or pedicure, microdermabrasion)
- colonic irrigation
- skin penetration (i.e. ear-piercing, needling, micro-blading, feathering or electrolysis)
- tattooing and cosmetic tattooing.
How much does it cost?
How to register a new business
- Prepare a floor plan layout to be approved before opening.
- Download and complete the supporting documentation:
- Select 'Apply now' below to start the pre-approval process: