We’re delivering for our community with an operating budget of $147 million to deliver more than 100 valuable services for our community.
Key features of the 2023/24 Budget
- Although inflation (CPI) is forecast to be at least 4 per cent in 2023/24, our average general rate increase will be in line with the State Government’s rate cap of 3.5 per cent.
- Conscious of cost-of-living pressures, we're offering over $1 million of relief measures by capping the increase to the waste service charge, increasing our low-income rate rebate and introducing subsidies for school holiday programs.
- We will continue to support rate payers undergoing financial difficulties through our financial hardship provisions.
We're delivering on our Council Plan. This includes:
- $38 million for a healthy community
- $24 million for liveable places and spaces
- $22 million for a resilient environment
- $5 million for a vibrant and prosperous economy
- $31 million for a well governed Council.